CBISA Aims And Objectives
Conservation of Butterflies
in South Africa (CBISA) - Founded 1993
A Non Profit Company Company (NPC) - Registration No. 2005/035451/08, Public Benifit Organization (PBO) - Tax Exemption No 930033432 - P. O. Box 599, Ramsgate, 4285.
CBISA - Aims And Objectives
Purpose describing the main business
To protect and promote the conservation of butterflies in South Africa.
To asist and encourage all forms of education awareness programs for the plight and survival of our South African Butterflies.
For the promotion of the main object, the following are the ancillary objects of the Company.
- To empower its members by providing advice, assistance and support for conserving butterflies and preventing their extinction.
- To use every legitimate means to encourage and induce all persons who qualify for membership to become a member.
- To provide for small, medium and micro support services, amongst members which are demand driven.
- To encourage Garden Services, Municipalities, Garden Clubs, Home Owners and Conservancies to supply host and feeding plants as an alternative to alien and exotic plants.
- To promote the general welfare of members in respect of any identified projects undertaken.
- To foster a spirit of solidarity, provide opportunities for the exchange of views and ideas, to enable members to speak with one voice on matters of national, regional and international interests or importance.
- To encourage its members to breed endangered and rare butterfly species, and rehabilitate their habitats for their survival.
- To prevent the unwanted destruction of rare and endangered butterfly species, by assisting development to work hand in hand with conservation projects.
- To help assist other organizations to develop Lepidomes in which the public can view South African butterfly species, preventing the unwanted capture of rare and endangered species.
- To assist other organizations in eradicating alien and exotic vegetation that would destroy our indigenous sub-coastal grasslands, coastal grasslands, savanna, grasslands, mountainous grasslands, montane forests, coastal forests, sub-coastal forests, mountainous forests, savannah forest and savannah plains.
- To empower its members in every legitimate means to encourage and induce other organizations and individuals of the private sector for funding to meet its aims.
- To become self-sustainable through projects to create different means of income.
- To share scientific findings and information with international and national bodies.
CBISA invites new individuals who come across this website to become members of this unique Non Profit Company (NPC). The offer is open to you - to assist wherever you feel it is within your capability to do so. There is a membership fee of R250 per month. This membership allows you to take advantage of this website presented by CBISA - which covers a very wide spectrum of all the existing and future planned projects of CBISA as well as allowing you some opportunity to become involved in them - should they be of interest to you. A monthly newsletter is automatically provided for your benefit.
Contact Details: Office: Cell: 074 422 5587 ~ Click Here Membership Application Form